You are here
Bruno Andò is currently Associate Professor in Measurement Science at the Department of Electric, Electronic and Information Engineering (DIEEI) of the University of Catania, Italy.
He received the M.S. in Electronic Engineering and the Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Catania, Italy, in 1994 and 1999 respectively. From 1999 he performs research in the fields of sensor and instrumentation at the DIEEI of the University of Catania.
Bruno Andò leads a group of researchers working in the following fields:
· Smart Sensing Systems and Readout Electronics;
· Assistive Technologies;
· Nano and Micro Sensors, µ-fluidics, Bio-Sensors;
· Inkjet Printed Sensors and Flexible Sensors;
· Sensors exploiting innovative materials (ferrofluids, ferroelectrics and multiferroics);
· Sensor Networks;
· Smart signal processing and nonlinear techniques (including stochastic resonance and dithering) to improve performances of sensors and bio-receptors.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
· Since 1997 he is member of IEEE, and since 2013 he is a Senior Member of IEEE.
· He is the Chair Elected of the IEEE SAS Advisory Board, 2017-2019.
· He belongs to the following Technical Committee of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society: TC-18 “Environmental Measurements”, TC-37 “Measurement and Networking” and TC-13 “Wireless & Telecommunications in Measurements”.
· He is a member of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurements Faculty Course Development Award Committee for years 2016, 2017.
· Since 2010 he is a member of the AitAAL (Italian Association on Ambient Assisted Living) and since 2004 he is a member of the Italian Group of Electric and Electronic Measurement “GMEE”, Italy.
· Since 2015 he is the Chairman of the National Research Activity on “Sensors and Transducers for Measurement” of the Italian Measurement Group (GMEE).
· He is delegated of the “Sicily (Italy) District on Micro&Nano Systems”, to the Italian Cluster on “Technology for Life Environments (TAV)”, as an expert in the field of "Technology for Assisted Living".
· He belongs to the List of supporters of AALOA (AAL OPEN ASSOCIATION-www.aaloa.org/).
· In 2011, 2013 he was with the Technical Program Committee of “EvAAL (Evaluating AAL Systems through Competitive Benchmarking)” competition organized by AALOpenAssociation on “Indoor Localization”, Valencia.
· IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement 2017 Outstanding Reviewer
ACTIVITY IN JOURNAL EDITORIAL BOARDS
· He is Associate Editor of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society - Video Tutorial.
· He is Associate Editor in Chief of the IEEE Magazine on Instrumentation and Measurement.
· He belongs to the editorial board of the Journal of Sensor Technology (Scientific Research Publishing, SCIRP).
· He belongs to the editorial board of the Journal of Sensors (Hindawi).
· He acted as a columnist of the IEEE Magazine on Instrumentation and Measurement.
CONFERENCES, PROJECTS, PUBLICATIONS
· He has an active role as Organizer, TPC, Publicity Chair and Session Chair, for several National and International Conferences, the latest: IEEE I2MTC (2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2018), IEEE M&N 2013, 2015, 2017), IEEE SAS (2016, 2017, 2018).
· He is the scientific coordinator of several international and national research projects.
· He has co-authored more than 8 patents and 200 scientific peer-review papers.
· Detailed information are available: http://www.dees.unict.it/users/bando/index.html
EXPERT AND REVIEWER TASKS
He acts as an external expert and reviewer for the following institutions:
· Research Executive Agency: H2020-MSCA-IF, H2020-MSCA-ITN, H2020-MSCA-RISE.
· the National Centre of Science and Technology, Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana.
· National Centre for Research and Development, Poland.
· Czech-Norwegian Research Programme CZ09.
· Italian Research Ministry (MIUR), National Research Programs.
· Italian MIUR, evaluation panel for the assessment of research quality in Italy (VQR).
· Since 1999, he has taught several classes in measurement and sensors science.
· Since 2011 he teaches the English class, ”Sensors and advanced measurement systems” of the degree in Automation Engineering and Control of Complex Systems: http://masterinautomation.ing.unict.it/
· Since 2013 he teaches the English class, “Electronic Measurements” of the degree in Electronic Engineering.
· Bruno Andò has tutored several Master Degree and PhD thesis.