Call for Nominations to IEEE Fellow Class of 2019
IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society welcomes nominations to IEEE Fellow elevation.
IEEE Fellow is a distinction reserved to recognize IEEE members whose extraordinary accomplishments in any of the IEEE fields of interest are deemed fitting of this prestigious grade elevation. Indeed, the total number of new IEEE Fellows selected in any one year does not exceed one-tenth of one percent of the total voting IEEE membership.
To be eligible for IEEE Fellow elevation, a nominee must be an IEEE Senior Member or an IEEE Life Member, and to have been a member in good standing in any grade for a period of at least five years preceding January 1st of the year of elevation.
IEEE Fellow nominees are classified into the following four categories:
• Application Engineer/Practitioner
• Research Engineer/Scientist
• Technical Leader
The nominator can be any person, including non-IEEE members. The nominator has the responsibility to:
1. prepare the IEEE Fellow Grade Nomination Form;
2. solicit at least five, but no more than eight, IEEE Fellow references capable of assessing the nominee’s contributions;
3. solicit no more than three endorsements capable of supporting the nomination. Any person, including non-IEEE members, may submit an endorsement;
4. identify an IEEE Society/Technical Council whose evaluating committee will assess the nominee’s technical qualifications and contributions.
The next deadline for submitting IEEE Fellow nominations is 1 March 2018 (hard deadline, no extensions).
Further information about the IEEE Fellow program is available on the IEEE website.