Photonic Technology in Instrumentation and Measurement
The goals of this committee are:
Promote and disseminate technical information related to the fields listed below via workshops, lectures, and technical papers.
Photonic technology in the sensors and instrumentation for industrial and clinical applications including
- chemical, medical and biological applications
- indoor/outdoor environmental monitoring
- structural health monitoring
- Photonic instrumentation for optical fiber communication applications
- Novel photonic concepts and techniques for the measurement of physical, chemical and biological parameters
- Micro- and nano-scale photonic sensors
- Multiplexed and distributed photonic sensor networks
- High speed photonic instrumentation and measurement systems
- Photonic sensor fusion and big data
- Photonic technology for chemical, environmental, biological and medical measurement
- Interferometric and polarimetric Photonic Sensors
- Micro- and nano-structured fiber and waveguide Sensors
- Photonic multiplexing and sensing networking
- Distributed photonic sensing
- Smart photonic devices, structures and systems
- Photonic sensing application, field tests and standardization
- New concepts for photonic sensing
- Photonic technology in the sensors and instrumentation for industrial and clinical applications including
- Maintain liaison with other groups, societies and organizations working in the same/similar area.
- Develop standards in the field as appropriate.
- Organize special sessions during the I2MTC and special issues in IMS sponsored IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology.
TIM Associate Editor; Award Recipient; CRFID- Society Representative; IEEE Nanotechnology Council- Society Representative; TC-42 Chair