1. Prepare the the final version of the manuscript according to these GUIDELINES. Please, follow them carefully to ensure inclusion of your paper in the proceedings. For your convenience, the guidelines are made available in template form in the following format:
PDF: Guidelines for Final Paper preparation
Microsoft Word: the skeleton for your paper with macros for Microsoft Word can be downloaded and used to type your manuscript.
For your convenience, an example of the text appearance is provided in the following format:
Microsoft Word: an example of a paper in the Microsoft Word format.
REMEMBER: the final version of a paper in the format given above CANNOT EXCEED 6 PAGES. NO EXCEPTION IS ALLOWED.
You MUST register before uploading your final paper. Papers will be included in the proceedings only if at least one author has registered and paid the registration fee by January 1, 2008. Member and non-member full fees only are acceptable for this purpose; student and other discounted fees do not qualify - no exceptions. One full registration covers only one (1) paper. To guarantee inclusion in the proceedings of more than one (1) paper, the author must pay a US$ 50 surcharge for each paper in excess.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
3. An electronic version of the final manuscript must be generated for the conference proceedings.
From the final manuscript formatted as instructed above, authors must generate the electronic version in PDF format.
The final version of a paper in the required format must not exceed 6 pages. The Final Manuscript should be uploaded on EDAS at www.edas.info. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed in the PDF format using the IEEE PDF express web tool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account by going to: http://18.104.22.168/pdfexpress/log.asp
and using Conference ID: sas08
- upload the source file (containing your paper) for conversion
- receive by e-mail the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper. Once you’ve received your PDF file, upload it to EDAS.
4 . Prepare the material for submission.
The electronic version of the final manuscript, copyright form, author's registration form and payment, and presenter's biography form must be collected and prepared for comprehensive submission.
The elctronic version of the final manuscript and the presenter's biography must be submitted through the EDAS web site.
5. Send the electronic version of the final manuscript, complete the presenter's biography form, and submit the copyright form through EDAS by January 1, 2008 (HARD DEADLINE!)..
- Once you receive your Xplore compatible PDF, log in at www.edas.info
- Upload your paper.
To do this, click the My Papers tab, click the upload icon (third column from the right) and a dialog box will open that will enable you to select and upload your paper via the web or via FTP.
- Please indicate whether your paper is a Student paper or a Non-Student paper on EDAS.
To do this, click the 'My Papers' tab, click on your paper, and then click the Category icon. Please make the appropriate selection from the Category dropdown menu, and click Submit at the bottom of the page. This will allow the Technical Program Committee to easily see which papers should be viewed specifically for the Student Paper Awards.
- Fill in and sign the IEEE Copyright Transfer form.
The IEEE is enforcing strict copyright rules. For your convenience, the copyright form is made available electronically through EDAS. To access the copyright form, click on the 'My Papers' tab and then click on the copyright icon under the copyright column (second column from the right). Authors who are not authorized to sign a copyright transfer form, should download the paper version of a copyright transfer form, fill it in, and ask an authorized person to sign it.Then, send the completed form to the SAS 2008 Administrator by fax: +1 (785) 537 3437.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE SIGNED COPYRIGHT FORM.
- Prepare the presenter's biography form.
Please declare who will be presenting the paper at the conference on EDAS. To do this, click the 'My Papers' tab, click on your paper, and then click the Change/Add icon in the Presenter row. Indicate who will present the paper and click Choose presenter. Presenters must fill out a short bio (50 word max) on EDAS by going to the ‘My Profile’ tab and filling in the information in the ‘Brief bio’ field. Information in this form will be used by the session chairperson to introduce the presenter.