Aim & Scope
The IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine covers a wide variety of topics in instrumentation, measurement and systems that measure or instrument equipment or other systems. The magazine has the goal of providing readable introductions and overviews of technology in instrumentation and measurement (IM) to a wide engineering audience. It does this through articles, tutorials, columns, and departments. Its goal is to cross disciplines to encourage further research and development in IM.
To such aim, articles are expected to address open problems and challenging topics in the IM framework.
If you would like to write an article or tutorial for the magazine, please review the Magazine’s author guidelines and submit the prepared to the Editorial Manager submission system. More general information about publishing in an IEEE Magazine, including main difference between publishing on a Magazine or a Journal, may be found here.
Topics for the 2022 Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine Issues:
- Feb 2022: Assessment of Measurement Data (deadline June 2021)
- Apr 2022: I&M Around the World: China (deadline August 2021)
- May 2022: Hot Topics in Instrumentation and Measurement (deadline October 2021)
- Jun 2022: IMS Video Tutorials
- Aug 2022: Sensor Based Real-Time Measurement and Monitoring Device to Inspect Wire Rope (deadline December 2021)
- Sep 2022: Measurements, Sensors and Standards in Modern Communication Networks (deadline January 2022)
- Oct 2022: Sensors for Hydrostatic Level Measurement in Deep Bore Wells (deadline January 2022)
- Nov 2022: Overview of I&M Technical Committees Activities (deadline: March 2022)
- Dec 2022: Bio-mimetic Architectures: Sensing and Control (deadline: April 2022)
2021 Instrumentation & Measurement Issues:
- Dec 2021: Measurement in Nuclear Systems (View BrightCopy)
- Nov 2021: Overview of I&M Technical Committees Activities (View BrightCopy)
- Oct 2021: Acoustic Measurement and Information Retrieval (View BrightCopy)
- Sep 2021: Measurement systems for Cognitive/well-being assessment within Smart Homes (View BrightCopy)
- Aug 2021: Optical Measurement (View BrightCopy)
- Jun 2021: Sensing and Processing (View BrightCopy)
- May 2021: Instrumentation and Measurement around the World: IEEE Region 7- Part II (View BrightCopy)
- Apr 2021: Instrumentation and Measurement around the World: IEEE Region 7- Part I (View BrightCopy)
- Feb 2021: Forensic Metrology (View BrightCopy)
2020 Instrumentation & Measurement Issues:
- Dec 2020: Measurements for Advanced Networking & Networks for Advanced Measurements (View BrightCopy)
- Nov 2020: Overview of I&M Technical Committees Activities (View BrightCopy)
- Oct 2020: Interesting Topics in the I&M Framework
- Sep 2020: Instrumentation and Measurement in 2020, Part B (View BrightCopy)
- Aug 2020: Highlights from AUTOTESTCON 2019 (View BrightCopy)
- Jun 2020: Instrumentation for Human Care (View BrightCopy)
- May 2020: Instrumentation and Measurement in 2020, Part A (View BrightCopy)
- Apr 2020: I&M Around the World: Europe and the Middle East (View BrightCopy)
- Feb 2020: Nonlinear Dynamics in Measurement Systems: Might it Help?
2019 Instrumentation & Measurement Issues:
- Dec 2019: I&M in the Internet-of-Things Era
- Oct 2019: Sensors of Polymers
- Aug 2019: Highlights from AUTOTESTCON 2018
- Jun 2019: The Revised SI has Arrived!
- Apr 2019: I&M Around the World: Australia and New Zealand
- Feb 2019: I&M in the Automotive Industry