Content and Submission Guidelines
Please note that you are submitting to Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine (I&MM). As such, your article must be framed in the proper context of Instrumentation and Measurement (IM). Papers are expected to have technical content, but primarily they should present to the wide audience a general overview of the scientific subject addressed. Contributions dealing with Open Problems in IM are very welcome, presenting challenging and ambitious solutions that could be assisted by current and advancing technology.
While drafting your paper to be submitted to I&MM, you are strongly invited to take care that:
- The paper is properly framed in the field of Instrumentation and Measurement. This could be achieved by properly structuring the review of the state of the art and motivations of your work.
- In line with the mission of the I&MM, papers have to provide an overview of the topic addressed written in the right language for the general IM audience.
- It is expected that sufficient references be made to articles published in IM venues, such as this magazine, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, and other IM journals and conferences.
Submit your article through the PeerTrack submission system.
Please pay close attention and follow all of the instructions completely to ensure that your paper is submitted fully. Partial submissions will not move forward in the process. Please include one corresponding author to be the contact for the formatting and production process.
- Use a one-column format in Word, with 12-point Times New Roman font, margins of 2.5 cm on each side, left justification, and 1.5 line spacing.
- Submit a paper that has no more than 3,500 words (5000 words for review articles) including tables.
- Submit a paper with no more than five figures, if possible. All figures should be numbered and have a caption. Please include figures in line with the text.
- Number all equations, references, tables, and figures in consecutive numerical order.
- Use bullets for items in a list. Numbering will be changed to bullets.
- Write Headings in bold font and Subheadings in bold italic font with no numbering or outline formatting. Third level headings should be incorporated in the first paragraph of that heading.
- The magazine format does not include an abstract. Instead, include an introductory paragraph that acts as an abstract. It does not need to be labeled with a heading since Introduction is implied.
- Please limit the number of references to 10-12 (15-18 for review articles), if possible.
- Please include a 3-4 line bio for each author after the References.
- If the paper has no references, please supply three “For Further Reading” sources. These should be added at the end of the article and be in the format for references but do not need to be cited in the text and are not numbered.
Submitting a Paper
Please submit your manuscript to the PeerTrack submission system.
IEEE Author Center
View the IEEE article submission process guidelines.
Promoting Your Accepted Paper
To all Companies, please send your “New Products” information for possible inclusion in the IEEE I&M Magazine to:
Robert M. Goldberg
1360 Clifton Ave.
Clifton, NJ 07012 USA
E-mail: [email protected]